View our digital information guide HERE.
The Jeeah’s Hope Story
In October of 2010, two couples sat down for lunch together in Brentwood, Tennessee following a Show Hope Adoption Conference. Both couples attended the conference with hopes of finding answers:
- Skip & Ashley Perkins were seeking solutions to help their son – whom they had adopted from China at 27 months of age – who was struggling emotionally.
- Chance & Emily Carlisle were grieving the death of their daughter – whom they had adopted from South Korea 15 months prior – and wanting to carry on the legacy of her precious life.
That day over sandwiches, the Perkins and the Carlisles said yes to God’s call to establish an adoption ministry in their home area of the Chattahoochee Valley of Georgia & Alabama. They also selected a name for the ministry the Lord had placed on our hearts to honor the memory of Ellie Jeeah Carlisle:
The two couples left Nashville that October with an anticipation of what the Lord would do with this call – but had no idea how both of their busy families could possibly take on all of their hearts’ desires to accomplish through the ministry.
Jesus said, “Whoever welcomes a little child like this in My Name welcomes Me.” – Luke 9:28
They laid all of their desires at the foot of the cross:
- the desire to faithfully follow the legacy of many families who had already adopted in the Chattahoochee Valley area;
- the desire to come alongside and support new families in the adoption process;
- the desire to build a community among the adoptive families in the area;
- the desire to become involved in the lives of children in local foster care.
Over a decade later, we are humbled and exceedingly grateful for the Lord’s provision in so many ways! What began as a two-family project has turned into the Lord bringing together countless families into the ministry with similar passions.
Through the help of these devoted families, Jeeah’s Hope has built a strong community in our area of families answering the call to care for children in need. The most rewarding part is how so many precious children have reached their forever families, finding their place of belonging, surrounded and lavished in God’s love. An eternal impact is seen in their eyes and witnessed in their physical growth and health.
“Religion that God our Father accepts as pure and faultless is this: to look after orphans and widows in their distress, and to keep oneself from being polluted by the world.” – James 1:26-27
Remembering Ellie Jeeah
Ellie Jeeah Carlisle, was born October 9, 2008 in Seoul, South Korea. Ellie was a very special little girl who stole the hearts of everyone she met. She had a special love for people and greeted everyone with a smile and open arms.
On June 18, 2010, for reasons unknown, Ellie Jeeah passed away quietly in her sleep. On that day, God’s perfect plan for her was complete. She is now in heaven with infinite hope and future. She is dancing with angels and being held in the arms of Jesus. Her legacy lives on through the ministry of Jeeah’s Hope.